These fun little jelly pudding desserts are the highlight of any Oktoberfest buffet and can be made in both an adult and non-alcoholic version. This dessert requires only two ingredients and ten minutes to prepare.
In addition to being a tasty treat, homemade jello served in a miniature beer mug makes for a cute display.
You can make this dessert with apple juice like in this recipe but you can make an adult version with all kinds of beers and hard cider.
- apple juice or wheat beer
See recipe card for quantities.
Change the flavor profile with these ideas:
- Hard Cider - use your favorite beer or apple cider for this base. It's absolutely delicious.
- Juices - try it with other light juices such as white grape, pear, or white cranberry. This would be ideal for a non-alcoholic version.
- Beer - for this treat, use your favorite beer. Whether you prefer wheat beer, Guinness, or a Radler. They will all be incredibly tasty.
- Wine - Not a fan of beer or juice? No worries, the dessert will be delicious with your favorite wine.
- Soda - Looking for a different flavor profile? Orange or lemon soda makes a refreshing, fruity, and sweet version of this dessert.
These kitchen utensils are required for this recipe:
- microwave safe bowl
- hand mixer
- measuring cup with spout
- mini beer mugs
The sweet treat can be stored for up to 3 days without any problems. It will last up to a week but the foam might deflate a bit.
You can also include small cubes of peaches, pears, or apples.
This will add a fruity crunch to the little treat.
If you'd like a creamy element in your dessert, rather than using foam, you can use whipped cream.
Use a variety of beverages, such as juices or beers, and present them as a beer flight.
This will be the cherry on top to any Oktoberfest meal or other celebration.
Homemade Jello Oktoberfest Dessert
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 tsp. unflavored powdered gelatin
- In a microwave safe bowl, place ½ cup apple juice and sprinkle gelatin powder on top.
- Let it sit for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place it into the microwave for 30 seconds and then stir well until the gelatin powder is completely resolved.
- If the gelatin is not completely dissolved, give it another 30 seconds in the micro wave.
- Pour the remaining apple juice to the gelatin mixture and stir well.
- Using a hand mixer whisk the liquid until it´s foamy.
- Pour the liquid into a cup with a spout for easy pouring.
- Fill small beer mugs or serving glasses about three quarters with the liquid.
- Spoon some of the foam on top and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or until set. Enjoy!