Homemade Ice Cream Black Forest Style (without Ice Cream Machine)
Delicious creamy vanilla ice cream with chocolate shavings, indulging cherry sauce, and soft chocolate cake pieces.
Homemade Black Forest Ice Cream Recipe
Black Forest Cake Ice Cream
- 1 ¾ cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounces 14 oz. cold sweetened condensed milk fat-free or regular
- ½ bar dark chocolate (i.e. Lindt Excellence)
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1 cup chocolate cake pieces
- 1 shot Kirsch Schnapps (German cherry brandy)
- Refrigerate the sweetened condensed milk in the fridge overnight or place it in the freezer for about 2 hours.
- Break or cut the chocolate cake into penny sized pieces and drizzle with the cherry brandy (optional).
- Use a vegetable grater or knife to cut the chocolate into small pieces.
- In a stand mixer bowl, whisk the cold heavy whipping cream until peaks form.
- Add the cold condensed milk to the stand mixer bowl.
- Whisk the mixture on high for about 2 min.
- Remove the whisk and add the cherry pie filling, the chocolate and cake pieces.
- Fold in carefully until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to one large or several serving-sized airtight containers.
- Freeze the ice cream for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
The ice cream will keep for up to 2 months in the freezer.
Yield: 1ScoopCalories: 300kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 4gFat: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 28g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!