We are often asked “what kind of vegetables do Germans serve with their main dishes?” One of the favorite vegetables that Germans serve is cauliflower. Most of the time, it is just steamed and topped with a sauce, but sometimes the cauliflower is breaded and fried golden brown like in this recipe that I will show you in this post.
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cups flour
- 2/3 cups bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 3 tbsp. butter
- Cut cauliflower into individual florets and steam or boil them until firm to the bite.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, add eggs, flour, and bread crumbs to three deep plates.
- Add pepper and salt to the eggs and beat lightly.
- Mix heavy whipping cream into the eggs.
- In the meantime, heat butter in oil in a large pan.
- Dip each cauliflower floret in flour, then into the egg mixture and finally toss in bread crumbs.
- Place into the pan and turn after a few minutes until each floret is golden brown on both sides. This will take about 3 to 5 minutes.