German Apple Pudding Cake
This cake is fast and easy to make, and it is so delicious.
For the dough:
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- 7 tbsp. butter
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
For the filling:
- 8 apples
- 3 cups vanilla pudding cream All Tastes German recipe
For the streusel:
- ¾ cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar optional
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and butter to a stand mixer bowl and mix well, then add the egg and mix until it forms a smooth dough.
- Place dough in the fridge.
- 3Grease a cake pan with butter. I like to use a piece of paper towel, when I don´t have soft butter on hand. This makes it easier to spread the butter. But if you have softer butter you can use a brush.
- Add the dough to the cake pan. Spread out and pull over the edges to form a rim.
- Place in the fridge to keep cool.
- Preheat the oven to 325 Fahrenheit.
- Peel and core the apples, then cut them into ½ inch slices and add them to the prepared cake pan.
- Pour the vanilla cream pudding over the apples.
- In the meantime, add flour, butter, and sugar to the mixing bowl and knead until crumbles form.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- 12) Let the cake remain in the cake pan until completely cool.
- If desired sprinkle with powdered sugar.