This cake is fast and easy to make, and it is so delicious.
How is Apple Cake called in German?
Apple cake is called "Apfelkuchen".
How to pronounce "Apfelkuchen"?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say "Apfelkuchen" in German.
How to make German Apple Cake with Pudding Video Tutorial
Authentic German Apple Cake with Pudding Recipe
German Apple Pudding Cake
For the dough:
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- 7 tbsp. butter
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
For the filling:
- 8 apples
- 3 cups vanilla pudding cream All Tastes German recipe
For the streusel:
- ¾ cup flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar optional
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and butter to a stand mixer bowl and mix well, then add the egg and mix until it forms a smooth dough.
- Place dough in the fridge.
- 3Grease a cake pan with butter. I like to use a piece of paper towel, when I don´t have soft butter on hand. This makes it easier to spread the butter. But if you have softer butter you can use a brush.
- Add the dough to the cake pan. Spread out and pull over the edges to form a rim.
- Place in the fridge to keep cool.
- Preheat the oven to 325 Fahrenheit.
- Peel and core the apples, then cut them into ½ inch slices and add them to the prepared cake pan.
- Pour the vanilla cream pudding over the apples.
- In the meantime, add flour, butter, and sugar to the mixing bowl and knead until crumbles form.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- 12) Let the cake remain in the cake pan until completely cool.
- If desired sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!