German cheesecake is made with quark. It is super creamy and delicious. You will find it with and without fruit or raisins and it will be served chilled right from the fridge.
German Cheese Cake
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 1 egg large
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 8 ½ tbsp. butter
- 1 1/8 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla sugar or 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 box vanilla powder 3.5 oz.
- 3 eggs large
- 2 cups quark
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line the bottom of 10-inch spring form pan with parchment paper and grease and flour the sides.
- Add all ingredients for the dough to a bowl and mix until just combined and set aside.
- For the filling add butter, sugar, vanilla pudding powder and the eggs to a large bowl and mix well.
- Whisk in lemon juice, quark and sour cream.
- Beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form and fold into the quark mixture.
- Place half of the dough into the pan and spread evenly.
- Roll the rest of the dough into 4 rolls and place them around the rim and pull it to form a rim of about 1-inch.
- Pour in the filling.
- Bake cake in a 305F preheated oven for about 1 hour.
Add a handful raisins to the filling this will give the cheesecake a special twist.