It is another snowy day, perfect for a nice hot German winter punch. This non-alcoholic punch warms heart and soul on a cold winter day. Stored in a thermos bottle it makes a great drink for a day in the outdoors.
How is Winter Punch called in German?
This non-alcoholic hot drink is called "Winterpunsch" or "Kinderpunch".
How to pronounce "Winterpunsch"?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say "Winterpunsch" in German.
How to pronounce "Kinderpunsch"?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say "Kinderpunsch" in German.
How to make German Winter Punch Video Tutorial
Authentic German Winter Punch Recipe
German Winter Punch
- 6 cups water
- 4 fruit tea bags of your liking i.e. apple, hibiscus, berry etc.
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1 orange in slices
- ¼ cup honey
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add tea bags and spices to a tea pot or large mason jar.
- Leave to draw for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags.
- Add juices, orange slices, honey, and bring to a boil.
- Cover with a lid and let simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Discard spices and orange slices.
- Serve hot in a mug.