This no bake cake is very quickly assembled and is a delicious treat on hot summer days as it is served right out of the fridge.
How is this delicious cookie chocolate cake called in German?
The no-bake cake is called "Kalter Hund" which means "cold dog" in German.
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say "Kalter Hund" in German.
How to make German No-Bake Chocolate Cake Video Tutorial
No-Bake German Chocolate Cookie Cake Recipe
Kalter Hund - German No-Bake Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs large
- 1 tbsp. rum or rum aroma
- 1 package tea cookies i.e. Bahlsen Leibniz Cookies
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for about 30 sec., then stir well. If still solid microwave for another 15 sec. Stir well and set aside to cool down.
- Blend powdered sugar and cacao powder.
- Add the eggs and rum and mix well. If you are worried about using raw eggs, you can mix the ingredients in a double boiler/water bath.
- Drizzle in the cooled down coconut oil and mix well.
- Line a bread pan with cling wrap and layer some of the chocolate mix on the bottom.
- Arrange one layer of cookies on top.
- Repeat, layering chocolate and cookies alternatively, and finish with a chocolate layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Remove from the pan, cut into slices and serve cool.