A delicious cookie spread that brings your Christmas breakfast to another level.
This tender cookie spread is lovely spread is a real treat for your Christmas breakfast but can also enjoyed all year long.
Looking for a special hostess gift or a delicious edible gift for a gourmet? Just fill the spread into a beautiful little jars and package them in a small box.
How are speculaas cookies called in German?
Speculaas cookies are called "Spekulatius Kekse" in German.
How to pronounce "Spekulatius"?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say "Spekulatius" in German.
What to Do With Leftover Cookies?
If you have leftover speculaas cookies you can make different desserts with them. Check out our recipes for ideas.
Speculaas Cookie Spread Recipe
Creamy Speculaas Spread
- 9 oz. speculaas cookies
- 6 fl.oz. about ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 5 tbsp. butter
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground gingerbread spice
- 4-6 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1. Place speculaas cookies to a food processor or a coffee grinder and grind finely.
- 2. Add condensed milk, honey and butter to medium sized bowl and microwave for about 60 sec.
- 3. Whisk well and place for another 30 sec. into the microwave. Repeat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- 4. Alternatively you can melt ingredients together in a small pot over medium heat.
- 5. Add the ground cookies, 4 tbsp. heavy cream and the spices to thefl. ingredients and mix well until smooth and creamy. Add more cream if you would like a thinner spread.
- 6. Store in an airtight container or small mason jars.
How to Use Speculaas Spread?
Spread on toast or add to desserts like puddings or ice cream.