The shot of Black Forest Kirsch brandy gives that dessert it´s special kick.
How is the Compote called in German?
The delicious dessert is called “Beschwipste Kirschgrütze”. The German word for cherries is “Kirschen”.
How to pronounce “Kirschen”?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say “Kirschen” in German.
Tipsy Black Forest inspired Cherry Compote Recipe
- 2 oz. tart frozen or fresh cherries
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 shots Kirschwasser, traditional German clear cherry brandy
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- In a small sauce pan bring cherries, sugar and lemon juice to a boil.
- Mix corn starch with the Kirschwasser.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the saucepan and simmer on low heat for about 2 min.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Serve with homemade vanilla sauce, vanilla ice cream or on waffles.