Learn how to make this German favorite snack named “Fleischsalat”. It only takes 10 minutes to throw together. “Fleischsalat” is a kind of sandwich spread that consists of bologna, mayonnaise, onions and pickles. You can find it in any German supermarket and every German butcher.
How to pronounce “Fleischsalat”?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say “Fleischsalat” in German.
How to make German Meat Salad aka Fleischsalat Video Tutorial
Authentic German Fleischsalat Recipe
- 2 pounds bologna slices
- 1 large onion
- 24 oz. bread and butter pickles
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 1 tbsp. pickle juice
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, pickle juice, salt, pepper and sugar in a large bowl.
- Peel the onion and cut in half. Slice finely.
- Drain the pickles and cut them into strips.
- Cut the bologna in half and cut into ¼ inch strips.
- Add everything to the bowl and mix well.
- Allow to marinate for a couple of hours in the fridge.
- Serve with fresh bread or rolls.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g