Are you in the mood for an indulging dessert? Then this German chocolate mousse is an excellent choice. This is a foolproof recipe if you use a high-quality dark chocolate with 70 – 85% cocoa.
How is Chocolate called in German?
Chocolate is called "Schokolade".
How to pronounce "Schokolade"?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say "Schokolade".
How to make German Chocolate Mousse Video Tutorial
Authentic German Chocolate Mousse Recipe
German Chocolate Mousse
- 5 egg yolks
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 5 oz. dark chocolate 70–85% cacao i.e. Lindt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pinch of salt
- Beat the heavy whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- Beat eggs with sugar until fluffy and creamy.
- Temper the chocolate and mix gradually into the egg mixture.
- Fold in heavy whipping cream and chill for at least 2 hours in the fridge.