This Recipe features another variation of a Spätzle recipe. This recipe contains milk, which makes the Spätzle light and fluffy. This German noodle variation can be used in all Spätzle recipes and is especially well suited for the sweet Spätzle dishes.
How to make German Spaetzle Noodles Video Tutorial
Authentic German Spaetzle with Milk Recipe
German Noodles Spaetzle Recipe with Milk
- 4 cups flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl.
- Mix by hand or with a kneading hook until the batter is smooth, shiny, and begins to show bubbles.
- Allow to rest for about 5 to 10 min.
- In the meantime, heat water in a large pot.
- Stir dough one more time.
- Add about 1 ½ tbsp. salt to the boiling water.
- Press about ⅓ of the batter through a spaetzle press or shave by hand with a spaetzle board.
- Wait until spaetzle float to the top, then let them cook additional 2 – 3 minutes.
- Now scoop them out with a mesh skimmer or slotted spoon into a strainer.
- Repeat until all batter is used.
- Toss them in melted butter.