Vanilla Cream Pudding
The vanilla cream pudding recipe in this video is used for German cakes and pastries, but you can enjoy it also as a creamy dessert.
Servings: 2 cups
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 egg yolks slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Add sugar, cornstarch, milk, heavy whipping cream, sour cream and salt to a double boiler and whisk until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Gradually add egg yolks into the mixture and whisk for another few minutes until thick.
- Then remove from heat.
- Add butter and vanilla, and blend in.
- Pour into an airtight container and let cool completely before usage.
- Store the pudding cream in the fridge, if you don’t plan to use it the same day.