This German buttercream features a creamy rich chocolate flavor.
How is Buttercream called in German?
Buttercream is called “Buttercreme”.
How to pronounce “Buttercreme”?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say “Buttercreme” in German.
Authentic German Vanilla Pudding Buttercream Recipe
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla paste
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 egg yolks, medium
- 1/8 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 stick unsalted soft butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Add the milk and vanilla paste to a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Shut off the heat and add the heavy whipping cream.
- Beat the egg yolks with the 1/8 cup of powdered sugar until light and fluffy, this will take about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add the corn starch and mix well.
- Then add the mixture to the sauce pan and bring to a boil while stirring.
- Set aside to completely cool.
- Add the soft butter and the 1/4 cup of powdered sugar to a bowl. Beat for about 5 min. on high speed until light and creamy.
- Gradually add the pudding to the bowl and beat for another couple of minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g