Waffles are a great dessert for a buffet station. Arranged with various toppings they will be popular for all age groups at your Oktoberfest celebration party.
How are Waffles called in German?
Waffels are called “Waffeln”.
How to pronounce “Waffeln”?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say “Waffeln” in German.
Authentic German Waffles Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Separate egg whites and yolks in two bowls.
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until it forms stiff peaks.
- Beat egg yolks, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Mix melted butter with milk, and add to egg yolks.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Bake in a waffle maker until golden brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
How to Serve Waffles?
Serve with fruit topping and heavy whipping cream or vanilla sauce.