Hazelnut nougat is a popular ingredient in German baking. This video recipe will show you an effortless way to make your own homemade nougat paste.
- 1 cup hazelnuts whole, raw, shelled, unsalted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz. dark chocolate
- ¼ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 320F.
- Roast hazelnuts on uncovered baking sheet for 10 min.
- Allow to cool.
- Add nuts and powdered sugar to a blender and grind very fine.
- Melt chocolate.
- Add butter to melted chocolate and blend together.
- Add ground nuts to the chocolate mixture and knead to a smooth consistency.
- Shape into a log, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until usage.