Hazelnut nougat is a popular ingredient in German baking. This video recipe will show you an effortless way to make your own homemade nougat paste.
How to make German Hazelnut Nougat Video Tutorial
Authentic German Hazelnut Nougat Recipe
- 1 cup hazelnuts whole, raw, shelled, unsalted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz. dark chocolate
- ¼ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 320F.
- Roast hazelnuts on uncovered baking sheet for 10 min.
- Allow to cool.
- Add nuts and powdered sugar to a blender and grind very fine.
- Melt chocolate.
- Add butter to melted chocolate and blend together.
- Add ground nuts to the chocolate mixture and knead to a smooth consistency.
- Shape into a log, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until usage.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!