Learn how to make a traditional German fish recipe with an amazing creamy and flavorful dill sauce and carrots.
How to make German Fish Dish Video Tutorial
Authentic German Fish Dish Recipe
- 2 pounds pollock filets alternatively Swai, Tilapia
- 2 pounds carrots
- 1 large onion
- 1 tbsp. garlic paste
- 2 tbsp. Butterschmalz (clarified butter) or vegetable oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ bunch of dill
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp. mustard
- 1 ½ tbsp. honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
- Peel the carrots and cut into slices.
- Melt Butterschmalz or oil over medium heat.
- Add carrots, onions, garlic paste and honey and braise lightly.
- Deglaze with chicken broth and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes and set aside.
- Chop dill finely.
- In a small bowl mix sour cream, mustard and dill and add to the carrots.
- Rinse the fish filets with cold water and tap dry.
- Season with salt and pepper and place in a casserole pan.
- Cover with carrot mixture and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
Yield: 1PortionCalories: 354kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 34gFat: 16gFiber: 5gSugar: 13gNet Carbohydrates: 17g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Join the Conversation