Quite a few German recipes ask for skinless almonds. Removing the skin is way easier than you might think. You just need to blanch the almonds. This softens the skin of the nut, so it can be easily removed later.
How to make Blanch Almonds Video Tutorial
Blanched Almonds Recipe
- 1 cup of raw unsalted almonds
- 4 cups water
- Bring water to a boil in a medium pot or sauce pan.
- Add almonds.
- Simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Strain and let almonds cool to the touch on a clean kitchen towel.
- To remove the skin, you can rub the almonds in the kitchen towel or use thumb and pointer finger to press almonds out of their shell.