Bavarian Cucumber Salad
Learn how to make Bavarian cucumber salad with a wonderful creamy dill sauce. This is a very popular side dish in German homes, you will find this traditional dish on every Oktoberfest menu and in many Bavarian restaurants.
Servings: 4 Portions
- 2 small cucumbers
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 bunch fresh dill
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. coarse pepper
- Peel cucumbers, slice thinly and add to a large bowl.
- Finely cube the onion and add to the cucumbers.
- Mix heavy whipping cream, sour cream, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add to the cucumbers and mix well.
- Chop the dill finely, add to the salad and toss lightly.
- Let marinate for about 15 minutes.