Spaetzle Recipe Without Water or Milk
This recipe features a spaetzle variation without any additional liquid like water or milk. Try this if you like a firmer consistency with your noodles. This recipe is perfect for cheese spaetzle or fried spaetzle recipes.
How to make German Spätzle without Milk or Water Video Tutorial
Authentic German Spaetzle Recipe
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. butter
- In a medium mixing bowl add all ingredients and mix well.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until batter is smooth, shiny, and begins to show bubbles.
- Let batter rest for about 10-15 min.
- In the meantime, heat water in a large pot.
- Stir dough one more time.
- Add about 1 ½ tbsp. salt to the boiling water.
- Press about 1/3 of the batter through a spaetzle maker or shave by hand with a spaetzle board.
- Wait until spaetzle float to the top, then let them cook additional 2 – 3 minutes.
- Now scoop them out with a mesh skimmer or slotted spoon into a strainer.
- Repeat until all batter is used.
- Toss them in melted butter.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g