German Goulash Soup
This recipe features a German goulash soup recipe from my sister. This is not only the best goulash soup recipe in the world, my sister is the best sister in the world too.
German Goulash Soup Nessi Style
- 1/2 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 medium onions
- 1/2 Liter beef broth
- 1/4 Liter red wine i.e. Merlot
- ½ pound potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp. flour
- ½ small Anaheim chili or 1 tsp. red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder optional
- Cut the meat into ¼ inch sized cubes.
- Finely slice the onions.
- Cut the bell pepper into ½ inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a large pot and sear the meat cubes.
- Sprinkle with flour and fry for a minute on medium high.
- Add the tomato paste and mix well.
- Deglaze with beef broth and wine.
- Add the onions, bell pepper and Anaheim pepper or chili flakes.
- Simmer on medium low heat for about 90 min.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into ½-inch sized cubes.
- Add the potatoes, salt, pepper, paprika powder and chili powder to the pot and cook for about 30 more min.