German Goulash Soup
This recipe features a German goulash soup recipe from my sister. This is not only the best goulash soup recipe in the world, my sister is the best sister in the world too.
Servings: 4 - 6 Portions
- 1/2 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 medium onions
- 1/2 Liter beef broth
- 1/4 Liter red wine i.e. Merlot
- ½ pound potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp. flour
- ½ small Anaheim chili or 1 tsp. red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder optional
- Cut the meat into ¼ inch sized cubes.
- Finely slice the onions.
- Cut the bell pepper into ½ inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a large pot and sear the meat cubes.
- Sprinkle with flour and fry for a minute on medium high.
- Add the tomato paste and mix well.
- Deglaze with beef broth and wine.
- Add the onions, bell pepper and Anaheim pepper or chili flakes.
- Simmer on medium low heat for about 90 min.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into ½-inch sized cubes.
- Add the potatoes, salt, pepper, paprika powder and chili powder to the pot and cook for about 30 more min.