The Christmas season is upon us, and that means it's time to get into the kitchen and start baking! Extend your Christmas cookie repertoire and impress your friends and family with homemade goodies authentic German Christmas cookies.
In this post you can find the 10 most popular German cookie recipes of my Christmas Treats Cookbook which is full of authentic German recipes that are sure to get you in the holiday spirit. A printable version of each recipe is available by clicking the "read more" link.
Many more traditional German Christmas cookies, German gingerbread and stollen specialties, Christmas market drinks, and many more can be found on this website and in my German Christmas treats book in addition to these recipes. There's something for everyone. So grab your apron and your mixing bowl, and get ready to bake some memories.
- 01 Lebkuchenherzen - Chocolate Covered Jam Filled Gingerbread Hearts
- 02 Terrassenplätzchen - Jam Stacker Cookies
- 03 Engelsaugen - German Thumb Print Cookies
- 04 Christstollenkonfekt - German Stollen Bites
- 05 Pfeffernüsse - German Pfeffernusse
- 06 Spitzbuben - German Style Linzer Cookies
- 07 Vanille Kipferl - Vanilla Crescents
- 08 Zimtsterne - Glazed Cinnamon Nut Cookies
- 09 Karamelltaler - German Caramel Candy Cookies
- 10 Magenbrot - German Christmas Market Gingerbread
- The All Tastes German Christmas Treats Book
01 Lebkuchenherzen - Chocolate Covered Jam Filled Gingerbread Hearts
These chocolate covered gingerbread hearts with jam filling are a special treat that is very unique to German Christmas baking. This unique treat will wow your friends and family.
02 Terrassenplätzchen - Jam Stacker Cookies
Tender, soft butter cookies with delightful layers of tasty jam and dusted with powdered sugar. They look like a beautiful winter morning and taste incredibly delicious.
03 Engelsaugen - German Thumb Print Cookies
The German version of thumbprint cookies is all that you can want from a Christmas cookie. Heavenly buttery cookies filled with amazing jam.
04 Christstollenkonfekt - German Stollen Bites
These little stollen bites are the perfect cookie with a cup of hot gluhwein or a decadently rich cup of German egg nog.
05 Pfeffernüsse - German Pfeffernusse
Pfeffernusse are probably one of the best-known German Christmas cookies. They are famous for a reason. Their unique flavor is everything and more you expect from Christmas cookies.
06 Spitzbuben - German Style Linzer Cookies
Who can resist a perfectly baked linzer cookie? They are a staple on every German Christmas cookie plate and are beloved all over the world.
07 Vanille Kipferl - Vanilla Crescents
Another world wide German Christmas cookie is the vanilla kipferl. Tender cookies with a delightful vanilla flavor that nobody can resist.
08 Zimtsterne - Glazed Cinnamon Nut Cookies
This would not be a top 10 list without the delicious cinnamon stars. Zimtsterne are also a German cookie that is enjoyed all over the world.
09 Karamelltaler - German Caramel Candy Cookies
Do you love caramel candy? Then this cookie recipe will be one of your favorites. These tender cookies are sprinkled with crushed caramel candy, which makes them crunchy and soft at the same time.
10 Magenbrot - German Christmas Market Gingerbread
Magenbrot is a German cookie specialty that is a staple at Christmas markets and fairs. Soft and fragrant, these spice cookies are a hit with cookie fans of all ages.
More Authentic German Christmas Cookies
The All Tastes German Christmas Treats Book
Enjoy the wide variety of authentic German Recipes that are featured in the All Tastes German Christmas Treats Cookbook. All recipes are adjusted to standard US measurements and easy to get ingredients to allow every home cook to create perfect authentic German Christmas treats.
German Christmas Cookies Kitchen Staples
- Homemade Marzipan – Marzipanrohmasse
- Homemade Hazelnut – Nougat Haselnuss Nougat
- German Gingerbread Spice-Mix – Lebkuchengewürz
- Homemade Vanilla Sugar – Vanillezucker
- Candied Orange & Lemon Peel for Baking – Orangeat & Zitronat
- Spiced Rum Base – Gewürzrum
- Creamy Speculaas Spread – Cremiger Spekulatius-Aufstrich
Traditional German Christmas Cookies
- German Almond Sugar Cookies – Mandelplätzchen
- German Sugar Cookies – Butterplätzchen
- Jam Filled Cookies – Engelsaugen
- German Shortbread – Heidesand
- Butterscotch Cookies – Karamell Taler
- German Nut Macaroons – Nussmakronen
- German Linzer Style Cookies – Spitzbuben
- German Spritz Cookies – Spritzgebäck
- Jam Stacker Cookies – Terrassenplätzchen
- Cinnamon Sugar Cookies – Zimt & Zucker Berge
- Glazed Cinnamon Nut Cookies – Zimtsterne
- Coconut Macaroons – Kokosmakronen
- Vanilla Sugar Walnut Crescents – Vanille Kipferl
- Nougat Filled Chocolate Cookies – Wintertannen
- Madeleine Style Filled Cookies – Bärentatzen
Authentic Stollen Recipes
- Dresden Style Christmas Stollen – Christstollen Dresdner Art
- Marzipan Stollen Bites – Mini-Marzipanstollen
- Christmas Stollen Bites – Christstollenkonfekt
- Nut Stollen – Nussstollen
German Gingerbread Specialties
- German Gingerbread Man – Lebkuchenmann
- Gingerbread Hearts With Jam Filling – Gefüllte Lebkuchenherzen
- Gingerbread Bites – Magenbrot
- Elisen Gingerbread – Elisen Lebkuchen
- Spiced Gingerbread Nut – Cookies Pfeffernüsse
German Christmas Truffles & Chocolates
- Tipsy Raisin Clusters – Beschwipste Rosinenberge
- Chocolate Dusted Marzipan Candy – Marzipankartoffeln
- Nougat-Marzipan Truffles – Nougat-Marzipan Pralinen
- Gingerbread Truffles – Lebkuchenpralinen
- Cinnanmon Chocolate Truffles – Schoko-Zimt-Trüffel
- Chocolate Almond Cluster – Mandelsplitter
- Rum Truffles – Rumkugeln
- Candied Almonds – Gebrannte Mandeln
German Christmas Market Drinks
- Christmas Market Wine – Roter Glühwein
- Winter Punch – Winterpunch
- German Egg Liqueur – Eierlikör
If you’re fascinated by German Christmas baking passed down through generations, then you need this book.
Impress your friends and family with these authentic German Christmas treats. You will hands down have the best cookie tray if you make a hand full of the recipes in this book!
With your book purchase your will receive the following BONUSES!
Virtual German Recipes Advent Calendar
24 days of joyful anticipation of Advent and Christmas. Free access to the German Christmas Recipe Calendar. From the 1st to the 24th of December you can enjoy every day a new recipe for sweet and savory German Christmas recipes, edible gift ideas and cultural background stories.
We don´t leave you hanging…
This book will not leave you stranded! With every purchase you will get free access to our private Facebook group and a direct email address to ask all questions.
You will be able to interact with the authors online if you have questions regarding the recipes or ingredients. Get answers to all your questions directly from the authors themselves.
25+ Printable Gift Tags
Adorable printable gift tags with German Christmas inspired designs and German holiday sayings.
Don´t miss out!
This book edition is only available for a limited time!
What People are Saying
“Easy to follow authentic German cookie recipes like I remember my Oma baking for us.”
“This book helps me repeat all these yummy Christmas cookies I had while I was in Germany with the Army.”
“I love this cookbook! I finally know how to surprise our family by making my own homemade marzipan and German nougat.”
“Easy to Follow”
“This book has easy to follow directions, ingredients found in the U.S.A and standard measurements. No metric conversions needed!“