Learn how easy it is to make a great German Schnitzel Sandwich. Our Kaiser rolls make the perfect host for this sandwich. You will find the recipe in the description below the video.
How to make German Schnitzel Sandwich Video Tutorial
Authentic German Schnitzel Sandwich Recipe
- 4 pork schnitzels/cutlets without bones
- 2 tbsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. milk
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. lard or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 4 crusty rolls
- 4 lettuce leaves, optional
- 4 bread and butter pickle slices, optional
- Condiments of your choice, i.e. mayonaise & mustard
- Rinse the schnitzels and tap dry with a paper towel.
- Add mustard, salt, pepper and paprika powder to a small bowl and mix well.
- Brush the schnitzels on both sides with the marinade.
- Add flour and bread crumbs each to a deep plate.
- To a third deep plate add the milk and the egg and whisk together.
- In a large pan heat lard and butter over medium high heat.
- Lightly coat the schnitzels with flour and shake off the excess.
- Dip into the egg mixture and finally into the bread crumbs.
- Place into the pan and fry on each side until golden brown.
- In the meantime, cut open the rolls spread condiments of your choice on each side.
- Add the lettuce and pickle and place the warm schnitzel on the roll.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g